Healthy, quick and delicious pasta salad
with artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, olives, fresh mozzarella and basil.
An amazing combination of Mediterranean flavors!
I always appreciate a pasta salad that takes little time and little effort to prepare. This pasta salad with artichoke hearts, olives, mozzarella, and cherry tomatoes is fresh, healthy and delicious. Perfect for a family picnic, or to take along for a lunch or a dinner at the beach.
With the beginning of spring break, and many beach days coming up, this quick recipe will come really handy. Especially when the weather is so nice and the kids can't wait to get out there and play! Even when my morning gets pretty busy with all the packing for the day, I can find time to cook this dish. Ready in less than 30 minutes. Amazing, right?!?
All you have to do is cook the pasta, chop and combine all the veggies, and the job is done. The quantities of the ingredients are only there to give you an idea of how much I used for each. But you can improvise, change it up and make it fun. You can't go wrong with this pasta salad.
And here is the video recipe:
Ingredients: serving 4
- 8 oz (225 gr) mixed, organic cherry tomatoes
- about 12 olives (kalamata, greek... or your favorite)
- 4 oz (115 gr) of artichoke hearts, grilled and marinated (I bought mine at Cost Plus World Market)
- 4 oz (115 gr) of fresh mozzarella, ciliegine
- about 4 leaves of fresh organic basil
- 12 oz (340 gr) of orecchiette pasta, or similar shape
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once the water boils, cook the pasta following the directions on the box.
2. Cut the tomatoes in small pieces, removing most of the seeds. Cut in pieces also the mozzarella, the olives and the artichoke hearts.
3. In a large bowl, add the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Add the artichoke heart and the olives.
4. Drain the pasta when ready, and run under cold water to stop from over cooking.
5. Toss the pasta with the vegetables. Add the mozzarella and the basil leaves cut in pieces. Drizzle with more olive oil if necessary.